Dental implants are a safe, reliable, and highly successful solution for replacing one or more missing teeth permanently. The treatment involves implanting a small titanium screw into the jawbone, so it acts as the foundation for your new tooth replacement. A dental implant dentist near you will happily explain the procedure and help you determine if implants are best for your smile.
The technology behind dental implants has been around since the 1960s and has been well-proven to replace one or several missing teeth in both the upper and lower jaws. The result is an attractive, durable tooth replacement that stimulates the underlying bone, contributing to healthy gums around the new tooth.
Other benefits of dental implants include:
- Secure and permanent tooth replacement
- Look, feel, and function like natural teeth
- Stimulate the surrounding soft and hard tissues – helps to maintain the facial structure
- No interference with the surrounding healthy, natural teeth
- The comfortable end result with no adhesives or routine adjustments required
- Easy to care and maintain your new teeth, with normal brushing and flossing
What to Expect
A dental implant is surgically placed in the jawbone and allowed to fuse with your natural bone, creating a firm foundation for the replacement tooth. Singular implants can be used to replace one missing tooth or to support bridgework for 2 or 3 missing teeth. Multiple implants can also be placed at appropriate intervals to support dentures and keep them from slipping when eating and talking.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
Dental implants are the ideal tooth replacement option for anyone missing one or several teeth. Each solution is custom designed for your specific situation, with some patients requiring additional treatments such as bone grafting to ensure a successful tooth replacement.
Please visit your dentist to learn more about dental implants and whether they’re right for you.